Monday, January 10, 2011

First week

So it's been one week so far and not drinking has been a little hard.  It was really hard when E and I went to the Seahawks and Saints game Saturday, but the hardest was going to Who Song and Larry's and not having a Cadillac Margarita.  They are so yummy there.  We each had our yummy grilled chicken taco salad, but didn't have all the dressing that we normally consume with it.
 
So after not drinking and eating more healthy I did happen to lose 7 pounds in a week.  I'm not going to get too excited, but I do feel better already.  I didn't do a bunch of exercises other than just walking my dogs more and also going out to the animal shelter and walking some dogs out there.  I'm not big on working out every day like some people, and that's why I stopped drinking for a month and am trying to eat better.  I have been enjoying making new meals that are healthy and fairly easy to make.  So far they all have been very tasty and low in calories and fat.

  I have also been eating a little for breakfast and lunch which I normally never did.  Sometimes a banana or a muffin, no butter, with one slice of cheese for breakfast and a half of apple, sliced, 16 wheat thins,(140 cal), 1 slice of cheddar cheese,(110 cal) for lunch.  I did mix it up a little so that it didn't seem like I was eating the same thing every day.  I also would have a bend over too which is 1 slice of bread with mustard, one slice of ham, 1 slice of cheese all folded over, that's what I call a bend over.

I'm going to post a few of the recipes I use to cook for dinner that were every good, healthy, low in calories and easy to make.  I'm going to try some new ones this week.  I get most of the recipes out of food magazines and there was a guy named Mark Bittman that was on the Today show that prepared some meals that I used as well.  I sure hope that not drinking is making a big differences for me losing weight cause man do I want a Spanish coffee. :)  Here are a couple of links to some great recipes I used, enjoy!

http://content.markbittman.com/recipes/simplest-and-best-shrimp-dish


   http://content.markbittman.com/recipes/braised-and-glazed-butternut-squash  


Bittman's Broccoli Stir-Fry With Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe - Food


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I like your bend over recipe. :) I love a little sandwich.

    I'm proud of you two for not drinking. I'm sure that will help with getting in shape.

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No posts since January 2011?

    Either you need a drink or you cracked and have had far too many...

    ReplyDelete